2.06.2008

--Gen 16:3a--
So sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar the Egyptian servant and gave her to Abram as a wife."

This was the "NORM" in past culture, "back in the day". Now culture says it you have more than one wife it's illegal and moraly wrong.

I definitely believe God intended marrage for one man and one woman. But isn't it funny how culture/ society can set the tone for our lives! I mean really who are the culture and society people anyway? Do they sit in a room or on a board and vote about what is culturally relevant? I think we as Christ Followers should be the ones setting the tone for society! We should be the ones saying what is culturally and morarlly right and wrong! We need to get in the game and get our heads out of the clouds. It's time to stop being passive Christians and start doing what we were made to do, serve God with no reservations, without holding anything back.

I admire those who stand for what they believe in, and I know how hard it is to truely stand your ground. But I don't understand how some people call themselves Christians or Christ followers and still sit on the bench and say well it's not my time yet, or this isn't quite what I had in mind or I am not called to do this. Give me a break, the Bible says, "All are called but few are chosen!" I think few are chosen because everyone is waiting to be chosen and they aren't acknoweldging the fact that they are called.

So here it is, stop sitting on the bench! Get In the Game! You are called, will you answer the call?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it, man!! Good word!